Being a Binge whale means swimming majestically through the streets, believing you are the largest animal ever to have lived on planet Earth, communicating with your pod through your whale song, flapping your fins against the water, rolling on your back and gurgling in the sun, and stranding and being saved by friendly humans. Being a whale is a wonderful experience. You will strand near the sea and the public will be invited to care for you, placing wet towels on your backs and signing to you, then eventually holding hands and guiding you into the sea.
Whales is HEAPS of fun with hardly any time commitment - the perfect performance experience
- Saturday morning 11am-1pm: rehearsal and costume fitting, in which you are fitted into a wetsuit and plastic fins, and trained in how to move and strand as a whale pod
- 1-2pm: ½ hour break and ½ hour pre-performance preparation
- 2pm-3pm: street performance
1. a. are happy to be a beached whale and lie on the ground at the waterfront
b. can swim and are happy to jump into the sea (wearing a wetsuit)
2. Have a wetsuit you or someone else could wear. We will provide a limited number of wetsuits, so if you can source your own, please do!
3. Which rehearsal/fitting you will attend Acting/ Performing experience is desirable but not required